Our client is a manufacturer and international distributor of chemicals and is one of the largest suppliers of specialty chemical technology in the world. They continue to expand based on a devotion to building long term customer relationships and delivering innovative and sustainable chemical solutions, while maintaining safe, reliable operations. Reporting to the Vice President, Operations and working closely with supply chain partners, the Director of Transportation will build on a culture rooted in trust, openness and support. Responsibilities are to oversee strategic direction, procurement and risk management for transportation services, regulatory compliance, fleet management, security and emergency response panning.
- Improve performance metrics regarding efficiencies in all aspects of transportation. Mentor and coach a small team of transportation professionals.
- Lead development of transportation strategy and interact with internal stakeholders to negotiate major rail, truck, air and ocean shipping agreements. Optimize corporate transportation spend on rail, ocean and road, while ensuring accuracy of related routes.
- Manage carrier performance and administration requirements including contracts and ancillary charges, freight payment and dispute resolution.
- Oversee the corporate rail car fleet including fleet maintenance activities. Ensure compliance with EPA & PMRA pesticide regulatory requirements, including annual and monthly reporting.
- Diploma/Degree and relevant designation
- 5+ years in chemical industry logistics
- Experience in rail transportation including Rail Fleet Management
- Demonstrated expertise in Regulatory Compliance and Emergency Response Planning
- Strong organizational, analytical, negotiation and presentation skills
- Experience coaching and mentoring team members
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org