Our client is a young and rapidly growing independent private equity real estate company. The direct and JV investments they target a range from income-producing, office, retail and residential properties, to value enhancement and full development opportunities. The culture is one of collaboration and open communication, supported by strict adherence to compliance and the highest standards of corporate governance. The mandate is to assume overall P&L responsibility and build the mid/high rise construction and development side of the business.
• Construction scheduling and budgeting, costing, design efficiencies, handling the tendering process, developing good relationships with trades and suppliers and oversight of all construction operations including hiring site staff and equipment fulfillment.
• Achieve operating profitability by balancing revenue, costs and expenses measured against business plans, forecast and general industry metrics.
• Assist with analysis of acquisitions during the investigative, due diligence and secured timelines.
• Develop clear objectives and direction in terms of project costs, expenses, procedures and timelines.
• Lead multiple projects within the GTA and surrounding area.
• Establish standardized business practices and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
• Build, manage and motivate a team of professionals as the company grows.
• Minimum of 10 years of management experience in mid/high rise construction management. Low rise experience is an asset.
• Proven ability to evaluate market conditions, competitive strengths and weaknesses and the ability to contribute toward the development of strategic growth and profit plans.
• CAD/CAM and Microsoft advanced skills.
• Knowledge of complex bid proposal formats and requirements.
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Entrepreneurial drive and a ‘can do’ attitude.
• Degree in engineering, business administration, construction management or a related field.
Please send resume in confidence to: Dave Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org