Our client is a large Canadian manufacturer of diversified construction products for municipal infra-structure, residential and commercial markets, throughout North America. Building on a positive corporate culture and long-standing customer relationships this company is strategically positioned for continued growth. Reporting to the VP, Supply Chain, this position is responsible for all activities related to warehousing (both internally managed and 3rd party), including the replenishment of inventory for distribution centers, consignment warehouses and third party warehousing across Canada and the United States.
- Manage five direct reports and total team of approximately 200.
- Evaluate and review the company’s distribution and deployment business practices, to ensure inventory is moved to the right location with the most optimized cost to meet customer expectations.
- Manage distribution network configuration, strategy and performance; update and develop process documentation, improve distribution planning, streamline opportunities and eliminate non-value-add activities.
- Lead material flow process (receiving, put away, warehousing, pick and pack, distribution and replenishment) from internal site operations to customers.
- Standardize operations and systems, develop SOP’s, KPI’s, budgets and policies, while optimizing Warehouse Management Systems (“WMS”).
- Lead physical inventory for the entire organization annually
Supply Chain/business academics – MBA an asset.
10+ years of senior warehouse leadership experience, in a complex multi-facility environment.
Team-player with excellent leadership skills, able to motivate others and interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders.
Demonstrated cross-functional business knowledge to include: manufacturing/engineering, finance, human resources and sales.
Excellent presentation skills.
Please send resume in confidence to: Dave Taylor, email@example.com