Our client is a large Canadian designer and manufacturer of diversified construction products for municipal infra-structure, residential and commercial markets, throughout North America. Building on a positive corporate culture, long-standing customer relationships and significant investment in product innovation, the company has experience steady expansion of manufacturing facilities and is strategically positioned for continued growth. Reporting to the CEO and working closely with executive and global HR teams, this position is responsible for leading all HR practices and programs for North America.
Build a cutting-edge HR function with policies, processes and procedures that optimize cultural transformation, organizational development, talent, compensation & benefits, labour and communications in support of organisational growth strategies and competitive advantages.
Collaborate with the Global HR team and participate in the design and execution of global programs; prepare and administer the North American HR budget.
Lead North American HR strategic planning that establish performance goals, metrics and standards; continuously improve performance management and succession planning processes through L&D programs and by coaching executives to recognize and develop talent.
Oversee due diligence processes in M&A activity, with government agencies and in legal HR matters for Canada and the USA.
Ensure adherence to compliance matters as they relate to Provincial Employment Standards, Canadian Labour Code, EEOC, ERISA, State and Federal employment regulations, taxation and human rights codes; Chair the organization’s privacy and retirement program committees and represent the organization on external HR committees.
- Degree in Human Resources or Industrial Relations; with CHRP designation preferred.
- Previous experience leading the HR function, reporting to President/CEO.
- Broad experience in HR with understanding of the full range of business functions and systems including planning, resource allocation, budgeting and business analysis.
- Labour Relations and collective bargaining experience is an asset.
- Experience in change management and business transformation within matrix organizations.
- Bilingual (English/French) an asset
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org