Our client is a well-capitalized, private equity firm focused on providing Canadian investors with private market real estate investment solutions. The business attracts investment capital and invests in existing income-producing properties, as well as commercial and residential development projects. The goal is to build a highly reputable business, with investments across Canada and into the US. The mandate of this role is to oversee the real estate acquisition function, including: multi-residential apartments, student housing, commercial/industrial income producing properties and properties requiring development.
- Achieve growth objectives by maintaining a pipeline of acquisition opportunities; identify target properties, research ownership and establish relationships with owners leading to acquisitions.
- Build and maintain relationships with the RE broker community.
- Manage the acquisition process, including: property visits, assessing physical, mechanical, electrical, market etc. condition of properties; coordinate with third party firms to provide initial inspection reports; Assist with the underwriting, due diligence and closing processes and manage submittal of offers and negotiations.
- Remain current on lease rates, values and pricing of relevant markets.
- Update and maintain the firm’s acquisition database of properties.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in real estate sales and acquisitions – no license required.
- Expertise in various real estate asset categories, including: income producing assets (multi-family residential and student housing, commercial and industrial) and development properties.
- Ability to assess property values in regard to the firm’s investment guidelines and goals.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills. Entrepreneurial drive and a ‘can do’ attitude.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org