Our client is a large company poised for continued growth throughout North America. Reporting to the VP of Supply Chain, the mandate is to oversee all procurement activity, establish performance metrics for all levels of purchasing, manage procurement savings initiatives, mentor and coach a significant team of talented buyers, evaluate and implement new systems and tools to continually improve the efficiency of the purchasing organization.
Evaluate operational effectiveness. Establish objectives, policies, operating procedures and technology improvements to increase purchasing benefits and reduce administrative costs.
Orchestrate supplier management to include supplier performance, quality, order placement and financial metrics, streamline vendor management processes and eliminate product, supplies and services shortages.
Develop performance reports and Key Performance Indicators. Monitor MRP system functionality, purchase order set up and BOM’s for accuracy or correction of discrepancies. Track progress and corrective actions to maintain optimum levels of inventory, in support of on-time customer deliveries.
Create a staffing structure that effectively accomplishes purchasing objectives. Manage team skills and competency development, including training and career development.
Effectively collaborate with all stakeholders in a matrix organization, to ensure clarity of specifications and roles while managing risk regarding supply contracts and agreements.
- 10+ years of experience leading a procurement-team in a large, multi-jurisdiction manufacturing organization.
- Buying expertise for a range of categories like commodities and transportation services.
- In-depth knowledge of sourcing technologies – MRP, supplier and 3rd party management software.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Degree and relevant professional certification.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com